In today’s business environment, it is important for companies to stay lean and to manage costs with the reassurance that legal affairs are adequately addressed. Our attorneys understand that companies encounter legal issues regularly, and it can be difficult and time-consuming to manage those affairs without an attorney on staff or readily available. We can fill that need when those situations arise. For companies with in-house legal staff, we know there will be times when additional staff is needed and we can step in to assist in a number of ways.
As your Outside General Counsel, we provide management and oversight of the legal complexities your company faces. We have experience with both for-profit and not-for profit clients including new start-ups. Our attorneys have held senior in-house legal positions and have worked at large law firms. That experience has prepared us to help your company handle both day-to-day and large-scale legal issues.
We offer the following services:
- Contracts (employment, leases, purchases, sales)
- Labor agreements
- Fee agreements with service providers with a focus on cost containment
- Real estate purchases and sales and oversee the process
- Review and advise regarding insurance policies and insurance coverage
- Investigation and litigation
- Company claims against outside parties, including insurance claims
- Claims against the company
- Litigation Management
- Represent the company in general litigation matters as well as before the ERD and/or EEOC in Title VII discrimination claims
- Provide updates to company management
- Discuss and advise on strategy
- Oversee case strategy
- Retain and oversee outside counsel when needed and negotiate legal fee agreements
- Employment-Related Legal Concerns
- Hiring, reviews, and terminations
- Labor disputes and grievances
- Mediate or otherwise participate in dispute resolution
- Development of employment procedures and compliance
- Corporate Governance
- Attend meetings of your Board of Directors to report on legal issues and advise on company strategy
- Attend team meetings on as-needed basis
- Serve as corporate secretary
- Review and prepare corporate documents
- Assist with managing and navigating your regulatory environment
- Advise regarding compliance and reporting requirements
- Assist with day-to-day legal issues
As companies grow, resources may be stretched. Outsourcing allows your company the opportunity to obtain the legal assistance you need to make decisions, deal with controversies, and get major deals and projects done.
We offer a wide range of general counsel services to fit your company’s needs. The fees we charge are based on the amount and type of services your company requires.
Flat Monthly Fee – This fee arrangement allows your company to plan and budget for legal fees. We are available to assist your company as needed. This fee arrangement recognizes that some companies may be more likely to consult with counsel if the fee is not computed on an hourly basis.
Hourly Fee – This fee arrangement is beneficial for special projects or for companies who simply wish to consult with counsel from time to time or on a more ad hoc basis.
You will find both our flat rates and our hourly rates are generally more economical than the cost of hiring a full-time attorney with a comparable level of expertise.
Please contact Jim Boll or Daniele St. Marie Thompson at 608-467-8777. We look forward to meeting with you.